Deozein Natural Deodorant Actually Works!
I don't know about you, but I like to use deodorant. Given the fact that I live in NYC, where there are many warm bodies packed into small spaces, body odor is an issue. I figure that if I hate smelling other people's funk, nobody needs to be smelling mine.
Basically, underarm odor does not come from sweat itself. It comes from bacteria, so if you can manage to stop or slow down the bacteria from growing in the first place, you will not smell. This means that the best time to put on any deodorant is right after you bathe.
Most deodorants either work by masking the body odor with perfume (Old Spice, for example), or by adding an aluminum-based antiperspirant, which closes your sweat glands. Neither of these seems ideal.
Over the past few decades, I have tried many natural deodorant products, none of which has ever worked. I tried crystals, pastes, Tom's of Maine, and others. So when the folks at Source Vital Apothecary contacted me about reviewing their Deozein Natural Deodorant product, I was hesitant.
"Why bother?," I thought. "They never work!"
- Mineral Salts – Cleansing, purifying
- Algae extract – Remineralizing, purifying, cleansing
- Aloe Vera extract – Soothing, calming
- Lavandin essential oil – Soothing, light herbal scent
- Patchouli essential oil – Soothing, calming, earthy smell
- Sage Spanish essential oil – Deodorant
- Tea Tree essential oil – Purifying, cleansing
- Cajeput essential oil – Purifying, cleansing you would
- Lemon essential oil – Cleansing, softening, deodorant
- Pine essential oil – Purifying, cleansing
The mineral salts and algae extract have strong antibacterial properties, as do several of the essential oils. Deozein works so well for me that now hubby, who has used Old Spice deodorant for over 50 years, has switched. I once went 3 days without a shower when I was sick, and even then I didn't stink!
At only 2 sprays needed per armpit, I have been using Deozein daily for over a month and still have more than half of a 1 oz. bottle left. How economical is that?
Source Vital also sells great lip balms, skin care products, and essential oils. Today's giveaway is for some of my favorites - Deozein, Deozein Zest, Cucumber Eye Cream, and Lip Balms. You may enter daily to win. Good luck!