In The Fear Cure, Lissa Rankin, MD helps you cure your fear, anxiety, and worry and revitalize your health in the process.
Imagine if everyone—our politicians, our bankers, the oil companies, our doctors, our lawyers, our teachers, all the parents of the world, and YOU—actually made decisions from love and not fear. Imagine if we believed that we don't need to avoid uncertainty and loss, that everything that happens, even the painful things, happens with purpose, and that we are all interconnected through a web of love, that we are not separate from each other, that each act of violence against humanity and nature violates ourselves.
We all know that fear, anxiety, and worry limit our potential, harm our relationships, affect our ability to thrive financially, and hold us back from fulfilling our life purpose. But did you know fear also causes heart disease, cancer, and the common cold? In The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul, my friend Lissa Rankin, MD shares with you the scientific data proving that fear isn’t just an uncomfortable emotion that limits your ability to fully step into your purpose in what poet Mary Oliver calls “this one wild and precious life.” Fear is also a significant risk factor for disease.
But don’t worry! This book is not meant to scare you more. In fact, it’s filled with hope, inspiration, and practical prescriptions for ramping up your courage and milking your fear for all it’s worth so you can let fear cure YOU.
How to Cultivate Courage
The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul includes a number of Courage-Cultivating Exercises meant to help you do your part in curing fear and shifting consciousness on the planet, including:
- How to learn what your fears can teach you
- A meditation intended to help you stay focused on the present moment
- How to tell the difference between the frightened voice of your “Small Self” and the brave, wise voice of your “Inner Pilot Light”
- A map to help you know where you are on your journey from fear to freedom, as well as tips to help you in the stage you’re in
- Tools to help you “bench press” your uncertainty muscles
- A powerful practice meant to comfort your “Small Self” so your Inner Pilot Light can take the lead in your life and drive your decisions
- An exercise to move you beyond your victim story into a state of gratitude for the lessons loss can teach you
- Tips to help you gather evidence that it’s not a hostile universe; it’s a purposeful universe conspiring to support you
- A Tibetan practice meant to turbo boost your compassion
- An exercise to help enlighten you through every way you judge other people
- Detailed instructions on how to navigate “The 6 Steps To Cultivating Courage”
- How to illuminate the fear-inducing patterns you may have inherited from your ancestors
- Practical advice on how to shift from pessimism to optimism
- A priceless tool to help you question your fearful thoughts to discern whether they’re “true fears” or “false fears”
- How to stop caring what “everybody” thinks
- Instructions on how to find a courage-cultivating mentor
- Tips for strengthening your intuition and hearing the voice of your “Inner Pilot Light” more clearly
- Diagnostic tools for making your own Fear Diagnosis
- How to write your own “Prescription For Courage”
- A 9 step practice to help you offer your problems and desires to the Divine, and how to interpret the spiritual guidance that arises when you do
- 13 tips for shifting beliefs
- 7 steps to creating your soul community
Wake Up to Your Purpose
Beware. This book is likely to infect you with “pronoia,” the opposite of “paranoia.” Pronoia is the belief that everything in the universe is conspiring to support you. What if you developed a raging case of pronoia? Who might you be and what might you do if you knew that you are infinitely safe and that everything in the Universe is conspiring to support you, that we are all interconnected in a web of love, and that you are being called to play your role in the awakening of consciousness on the planet? What cosmic purpose might be awaiting you right now?
Afraid to find out? I dare you to leap into your true nature and allow yourself to be used in service to that which wants to be born in the world through you.
Order The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul now. And look for my review and a Q and A with Lissa coming soon!